Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Wednesday of the First Week of Lent

Jonah 3: 1-10, Psalm 51, Luke 11:29-32

Psalm 51

7 For behold you look for truth deep within me, and will make me understand wisdom secretly

8 Purge me from my sin, and I shall be pure wash me, and I shall be clean indeed.

9 Make me hear of joy and gladness, that the body you have broken may rejoice.

Morning Prayer

Dear God, help me live in this world that we have created together,
This life of families twisted into knots with fighting
This world of sleeping tribes forgotten as they starve
This planet of spoiled rivers and dying trees
These peoples, bloated with excess, still hungry
Meet me, dear God, in the broken places of my body
Meet me in the wild and tangled spaces of my heart,
Come with me as I explore the path of my anger,
leading me ever deeper within,
until I am able to lie down and rest in the beauty of my brokenness.

Leslie Middleton

No comments:

Post a Comment